22.8.17

Nu kör vi Uppsala! - Uppsala, here we come!

| | 0 comments
On the third day, we were all ready to get out of Stockholm and visit other Swedish cities. Uppsala, it's your time to shine! This time, when I say "we" I include Tommy as well. The triplets' adventures continue! *Woohoo!*

Uppsala. Winter. By Ana
We got up earlier than the last days and got ready to take the train and explore Uppsala. But, on the way to the station, we thought: "why now going thrift shopping first?"I mean, almost everything would be closed by the time we got back from Uppsala so, better be safe and check out a couple of shops before. Besides, there are more chances to find better things! Although I didn't find everything I was looking for, clothes related, I made sure that I was covered for the next year when it comes to books for learning Swedish. I bought a book about..., well, to be honest, I didn't understand what it was about. It just said something about butterflies and brains. But I bought one of the Muminmamma series! I was really looking forward to having books from this series, mainly because it's the cutest cartoon I've ever seen, haha. Here you can see them with some not second-hand dammsugare.



When we finally got into the train to Uppsala, my sister and I took advantage of Tommy being stuck with us in a train for about 30 minutes so that he would correct our Swedish while we read out loud. It was a nice day so we could enjoy the landscape and I alsolearned about SJ and SL and all those. This was something very important for me, as you guys can see, haha.

We followed a list of must-see that Martin had given me the previous day because sometimes he just knows what I'm looking for at certain times without me telling him (Creepy, haha). The first stop was a music shop (this was not on the list) and I don't know why but as soon as the man of the shop screamed Tja, tja! when he saw us, I had to turn my back so he wouldn't see me laughing cause it sounded so funny, haha. I know it was a greeting before I went there, but, seriously guys, it sounds so funny. After that, we climbed up to the castle and saw the views and the cafeteria, too, haha. We tried to go inside the castle but apparently, we took the wrong entrance and ended up in a museum about the history of women and feminism, I think. It was quite interesting! We also watched a very interesting interview for I don't know how long. But. I think we were about to fall asleep when it restarted. At least, my sister and me. Tommy threw a couple of disappointed looks at us from time to time, haha. As we didn't find anything yummy in the cafeteria and it was such a nice day, we decided to buy some icecreams. And guess what? As soon as we bought them, it was windy and it started drizzling. Lots of fun, huh?



Uppsalas slott, Uppsala. Winter. By Ana

We didn't do much after that. We visited a couple of churches and cathedrals. We watched a ceremony and a loppis of my favorite thing in the world: books! I tried to find something interesting but I didn't find anything so we decided to look for a place to eat instead. We went to a taco restaurant, and god, those tacos were too spicy! I don't even remember if I could finish them but they looked super good!


We wanted to go to Gamla Uppsala to finish the trip but I think you can only get there by bus and we just had missed ours so we just walked around, bought our tickets back to Stockholm, but not without having a fika first! I confessed Tommy my inner wish of not to leave Sweden without tasting a dammsugare so he took out his inspector gadget side and found a place that sold dammsugare. Cause you guys know what Expresso House lacks? You're right, dammsugare.  Tommy went first so he would leave me on my own to order. But he copycatted me and ordered a dammsurage, haha. I ordered for my sister and me in Swedish, and the girl understood everything. It was perfect and there were no disappointments this time! God, how good it feels when you actually have a whole conversation in another language without screwing it up.  It was worth the dammsugare, haha. Look at this precious. 


Once we finished, we head back home and relaxed because we had another adventure on the next day!

Uppsala. Winter. By Ana

I hope you guys enjoyed the post. Let me know what you think and about your experiences in Sweden! Until the next post! Also, if you happen to have missed the previous entries, what are you waiting for? Just scroll down a bit and you'll find them in "Older posts"!

~ Love, Ana ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Flickr