10.8.17

En annan dag i vinterland - Another day in winterland

| | 0 comments
Hello, guys! I bring you the second part of my last trip to Sweden or the second day. The truth is that I was really looking forward to writing about this day because something really exciting for me happened. So, this is why I took my headphones with the Mild Man's music as background and a piece of paper with a pen to write this post. It feels so good. I usually have this sort of ritual with the posts that I am more excited to write about. 

Stockholm, Riksdagshuset. Winter. By Martin Hviid
I started my morning routine to practice Swedish this day. Sometimes I would just randomly talk in Swedish with Frans, which happened to happen that day, but not every day. I would take Frans' newspaper and read some pieces of news out loud because Tommy would listen to me and correct me. At least, he pretended to do so sometimes, haha. I liked it a lot when one of those days Frans hadn't read the newspaper yet and we shared it, like in the movies haha. 

Stockholm, Södermalm. Winter. By Ana R.
After having breakfast and cooking our lunch (Tommy actually cooked it), which was super delicious, by the way! I still dream about it sometimes haha. We took the tunnelbanan to Östermalm, where Tommy showed us his university, Kungliga Musik Högskolan, KMH for friends, and we met a couple of friends of his. It was a very nice university and they had old pianos even! - Sorry if that's not the right word, but I don't know much about music. After that, we went to visit the Kungliga Tekniska Högskolan, because we were meeting my friend Martin there for the first time and the KTH campus was in my architecture bucket list - because who doesn't have an architecture bucket list? Duh, everyone does haha ;). I really don't know what those reddish bricks have that makes the buildings so beautiful. It's like the city hall building. 

Stockholm, Kungligla Tekniskahögskola. Winter. By Ana R.

Anyway, we walked around to checked out the campus and then we sat on a bench and read for a bit. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of the KTH. Dumb, isn't it? haha. We thought of staying there until Martin finished school, but it suddenly became very windy so we took the subway to Riddarholmen again to have lunch, because nice lunches deserve nice views, right? At 15:00 we were back at the KTH and we were stopped by a girl who worked for Amnestesia when we were running a bit late. I honestly thought Martin was gonna give me that look of "of course, Spaniards are always late", but he wasn't even there! We were less late than a Swede hahah. You guys must admit it, it's a bit funny, since swedes are known for their punctuality, among other things. Besides, I had a really interesting talk with the girl from Amnestesia for about five minutes. When I met Martin, I had my first cultural shock, or maybe linguistic shock because he asked me for directions (I was the GPS of the group, or rather my phone haha) and that is my weakness in every language hahah. When we found the way, we head to Stadsbiblioteket! This is something that I had planned because I wanted to visit it with someone who liked books as much as me. You guys can't see it here, but it's so beautiful and it has so many books, I wanna die! haha. We were there quite a while my sister looked for books about Irish English or Portuguese and Martin and I took a look at a book about Stockholm. 

Stockholm, Stadsbiblioteket. Winter. By Ana R.

I don't remember what happened next or how Martin decided to show us Sergels Torg and Hötorget, but it was a good decision. I'd never been there before and I've been meaning to because Veronica Maggio's song Sergels Torg is good and I like it, haha. Actually, on our way there, I had another funny linguistic shock in the underground, but that one happened because I'm a little bit special and it takes me double time to process things properly. Let's just say that, hahah. A little after that we went to fika, guess where? Yes, Expresso House, hahah. This was the second time I tried to order a hot chocolate in Swedish. The first time, which was the day before, was quite messy and the barista and I had a good laugh, especially when I tried to get in the card through the wrong slot. This time I thought I was ready, but the word marshmallows in Swedish took me by surprise. I liked when I failed, though, because it means that I had to practice more, which I love doing. I don't remember much about the fika only that I got to hear Martin speaking in Spanish. Boy, that guy is good! He has such a determination that he makes me feel jealous 99.9% of the time, hahah. After that, we just walked around in Gamla Stan, the city hall and the parliament, which I was looking forward to seeing! I usually watch my other friend Martin's videos, the Swedishlad, and he often goes to the parliament, but I never knew the location, to be honest,  until I saw it that day. It was so beautiful at night!

Stockholm, Riksdagshuset. Winter. By Ana R.

I forgot to tell you that when we walked through Gamla Stan in search of a good and cozy photo of it, I had another awkward moment. I kind of screw it up a bit in this hang out. I blame Martin for taking my clumsy side out, haha. I had never seen a trash bin with a cover before, at least not in the part of Spain where I am from. As I was walking towards the bin, I was kind of doubting that it was a real bin and I looked at Martin, as he was watching me, for confirmation, cause he must have been thinking that I was such a dummy, hahaha. That never happened, and well, it was a real .in, hahah.

After the complete Stockholm tour with Martin, we just head to the station and hugged us goodbye. I really liked this day. It was calm and I got to meet Martin. I loved the places he showed us and I had a great time with him. I actually felt quite comfortable to be the first time that I met him. I felt so comfortable that I got a bit sad when he left, haha. I felt like a tiny little part of me just left me. He's really nice and I admire a lot of things about him. I liked a lot when we took pictures of the same things together, it's like we were sharing a hobby. I love when I have relationships this enriching. He teaches me so many things and I really appreciate that. 

I hope you guys enjoyed reading about this day as much as I enjoyed writing about it! Stay tuned for the next post and take care!

~ Love, Ana ~


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Flickr